St Andrew's Secondary School has a strong tradition of Service and Leadership, embedded within the ethos and identity of the school and its Catholic faith.
Leadership is a key aspect of everything that our young people do – on the sports field, academically, serving in the community, extra-curricular activities and in the Arts.
We aim to develop leaders with great strength of character; the desire to serve and the skills needed to become a positive leader. We expect pupils to leave St Andrew's School as inspirational, intellectual, independent, individual and inclusive leaders through:
- Providing a range of learning pathways tailored to pupil ability and aspirations through consolidating partnership working with colleges and further training providers
- Providing universal support to all pupils ensuring equality for all
- Providing targeted support offering negotiated pathways and support tailored to individual pupil needs ensuring equity
- Embedding meaningful employer involvement enabling pupils to extend their network
- Facilitating a range of work placements based on individual pupil needs
- Providing earlier and relevant labour market focused careers advice leading to better outcomes for all pupils
- Engaging pupils in meaningful discussion about their skills development and assist them in profiling to support their career journeys
- Making use of relevant digital and online resources
- Substantially and permanently improving the transition of all young people from education into sustainable, productive employment
Details of leadership opportunities for this session can be viewed here: