The aim of Religious Education in St Andrew’s Secondary is to engage our young people in high quality Core Religious Education and promote our ethos based on Gospel Values.
- Pupils are provided with the opportunity to develop their knowledge and understanding of significant aspects of the Catholic Faith and communicate this effectively.
- Develop the skills to think critically and relate their thinking to daily life.
- Encouraged to reflect spiritually and think ethically, making informed decisions in relation to matters of morality.
- Opportunities for pupils to participate and lead in charitable and campaigning events centred on the sanctity of human life.
- Support the place of prayer and reflection in school and participate in, liturgy and religious observance.